It's Friday, so let's end the week with a fun post! Below are some fun, random facts about Botanica and our crew:
1. In the winter months our studio is absolutely freezing inside! Because we have the flowers in our studio, we aren't able to turn on our heating. So all of us in the office, have space heaters at our feet, sometimes sport UGG boots, and even have to wear fingerless gloves! (which I am currently wearing as I type this post).
2. Our goal is to have our flowers PERFECT! Completely open and in full bloom for the day of the event. This means in warmer months, actually placing the flowers outside in the heat (and in shade of course) to help open the flowers.
3. Since we are a family business, our entire staff is like family. We laugh, we cry, we make fun of each other. If you were ever in the studio on a big production day, you'll hear loud music, a lot of laughing and joking at one another, and of course a lot of flower arranging!
4. Almost our entire staff has an addiction to Diet Mountain Dew, at 3pm daily you'll hear the sound of people popping a can. We are currently trying to break the habit. I, was unfortunately the originator of the addiction.
5. Every member of the Prosser family at one point in Botanica's existence has helped out or has been an employee. Being in business 22 years, it's a long list of names. (which includes, spouses, sons, daughters, parents and grandparents)
6. We name our trucks - we have (2) trucks permanently and have developed a wonderful relationship with Arlene at the truck rental company that we bring in additional trucks for busy weekends! We have our 15ft. Box Truck that Ian named 'Milva', after his favorite rose. We also have our econovan that somehow got the name of 'Sista'. In a conversation where they are involved you would think we are actually talking about real people. ;)
7. Our Administrative Assistant, Jessica Stephens is ALWAYS cold and keeps her space heater on 365 days a year.
8. Our studio 99% of the time always smells amazing (obviously) but none of us can actually smell the flowers when we come in in the morning anymore. I guess that's how bakers feel when they have bread or a cake baking.
9. We always joke around about buying Ian a fanny pack because he always loses his car keys, glasses, cell phone and wallet. If he did your wedding 10 years ago and you tell him your maiden name, wedding location and month you got married he can tell you every single floral detail about it, but he won't know where his cell phone is. lol.
10. One of the perks of working here are when it's the holidays, we ALWAYS have the most amazing centerpieces on our tables. :)
We hope you enjoyed these fun, random facts about us and our Floral Family. We'll work on posting them more often, to help give you a better insight into the people behind the flowers. :)
Have a fabulous weekend!
XO - Zoë